We have been researching an approach to water filtration, different to conventional membrane filtration of water. Disruptor® is a unique and patented nanoalumina/microglass electroadsorptive media for water filtration applications.
- Easily converted with standard cartridge manufacturing equipment
- Additives include Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC) and silver antimicrobial
- Wet laid, non-woven depth filter media (~1 mm thick)
- Removes submicron particles through electroadsorption not captured by conventional mechanical filters
- Removes organic/macromolecules (EPS/ TEP)
- Removes biofouling precursors : organic acids, proteins , polysaccharides
- Removes virus and bacteria
- Used as pleated filter cartridges. Initial pressure drop < 0.1 bar
- Patented technology provides submicron filtration efficiency at high flow rate and low pressure drop.
- Technology is based on electroadsorption not mechanical filtration.
- This allows use of a nonwoven media that provides the filtration quality of membranes.
- Provides the platform for new filter devices that are smaller, less expensive and deliver high efficiency.
- Electroadsorptive filtration mechanism efficiently removes wide range of organic and inorganic materials: Virus, colloids, cell debris, some chemical compounds. Technology is applicable to fresh, brackish and sea water.
- Can be used in all water markets: Personal, residential, commercial, industrial, waste water, municipal and desalination.
- Many opportunities for reduced energy consumption. Either as stand-alone filter or to protect membranes from fouling to allow high performance at low pressure drop (low energy use).
- Purification of water for drinking, agriculture, waste treatment improves water safety for humans and the environment