Ahlstrom provides flame-resistant solutions for multiple end-use applications. Flame-resistant papers will char when exposed to a flame but will not support combustion. They will also self-extinguish when the flame source is removed.
Applications include utility grades (not in contact with metal surfaces) such as filters, honeycomb structures (hollow core doors), duct wrap, colored decoration papers, wall coverings, ceiling panels, building materials and paint for flooring and walls.
Specialty grades incorporate chemicals that minimize corrosion when in contact with metal surfaces like aluminum foil.
Benefits of Flame-Gard™ papers:
- Controlled char length of 4.5 inches
- No flaming time or afterglow: self-extinguishes quickly with no restarting
- Excellent strength retention
- Sizing to enhance adhesive bonding and efficiency
- Variety of surface finishes, ranging from smooth MG to rough creped surface
- Available in roll format: sold in rolls, multiple core sizes and packaging configurations
- Special flame resistance (less corrosive) available for metal contact applications
- Anti-mold treatments available
- Flexibility treatments available
End-Use Applications – Adhesive lamination, Phenolic saturating, Foil lamination, Printing, General slitting and sheeting
Discover our products made with the Flame-Gard™ technology:
Available in trulyNatural® or bleached. Find out more about trulyNatural® technology here.
Ahlstrom uses fiber from responsible and legal sources, and all products qualify for Chain-of-Custody Forestry Credits and Certification.