Ahlstrom’s interleave papers are engineered to meet specific steel performance needs for multiple uses, protecting against surface abrasion and contamination during manufacturing, transportation and long-term storage.
Steel-Shield® is conducive to specific processing needs, protecting customers’ investments.
With a focus on product consistency, from initial development to final performance, Ahlstrom works to ensure customers receive the highest-quality product that meets their precise application needs each time.
- High chemical purity: Metal interleave papers enable critical metal processing while protecting the surface from scratches, stains, and tarnishing.
- Surface strength: Steel-Shield® offers pull-resistance and tear properties to help avoid breakage that can result from fast and frequently changing processing speeds. These papers withstand high speed, high tension, temperature variations and slip caused by temperature drop between sheet layers.
- Innovative properties: Metals interleave papers offer specialized treatments for increased oil absorption, high temperature metal processing, tarnish prevention, and electrostatic bonding.
- Environmentally smart: Light-weight options offer higher yield, fewer roll changes, and overall source reduction. Additionally, Ahlstrom’s sustainable trulyNatural® brand of kraft fibers offer superior strength allowing multiple passes through processing equipment.
- Collaborative innovation: Ahlstrom draws on its unique manufacturing capabilities, extensive technical knowledge, and expertise to collaborate with customers to provide innovative, customized solutions for the steel industry.
Protection of metals regardless of alloy, processing, or finish
Ahlstrom's SteelProTM and Steel-Shield® interleave papers are appropriate for Stainless steel, Titanium, Alloy steel, Specialty steel, Aluminum, Copper...
Processing Applications Include
- Cold rolling (sendzimir mill and H mill)
- Tandem Mills
- DRAP Line
- Bright annealing
- Skin Pass
End-use steel market applications include
- Chemical processing
- Food processing
- Building and construction
|Paper Finishes||Basis Weight||Fiber||Typical Applications|
|14 – 70 gsm||Unbleached wood fiber pulp||Stainless Steel Interleave (Cold Rolling, Bright Annealing, Skin Pass, Finishing) Aluminum, Lithoplate|
|32-98.4 gsm||Bleached and trulyNatural®||Stainless Steel Interleave (Cold Rolling, Bright Annealing, Skin Pass, Finishing) Aluminum, Lithoplate|