Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s Mold-Shield™ mold-resistant papers are designed to flex for every application and meet the needs of continuously changing regulations in the construction industry and other end-use applications.
In addition to mold and mildew resistant technology, Mold-Shield™ papers can provide improved durability and longevity for your products.
“As our customers challenge us to develop fiber-based products for applications that are traditionally less renewble, it is important we develop these solutions with all their needs in mind,” explained Zack Leimkuehler, Vice President of Ahlstrom-Munksjo’s Techical Solutions business. “Our Mold-Shield™ technology is not only qualified for resistance of paper to different fungal growths, but it is flexible and can be used in conjunction with additional surface treatments including our Flame-Gard™ flame resistance technology, water resistance, grease & oil resistance, and heat resistance treatments.”
Mold-Shield™ applications include but are not limited to:
- Building & Construction applications – interior walls, attics and ceilings (insulation facing, ceiling beams, interior panels, exterior siding, Gypsum joint tape, ceiling tile backers)
- Filtration media – evaporative cooling, desiccant pouches
- Home applications – flooring backer, furniture, and more
- Horticulture/floral applications
- Personal care industry (i.e. soap wrapper, soap boxes)
As a global supplier of specialty paper products, Ahlstrom-Munksjö dedicates vast resources to continuously pursue sustainability initiatives. The launch of Mold-Shield™ demonstrates Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s high level of commitment to creating innovative products.
Find out more by visiting our Mold-Shield™ Technology Page.